Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Books With Nature in the Title


It has been so long since I actually did a Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by ThatArtsyReader Girl) but this seemed like such a natural for me, especially since these days I seem to be embracing nature like never before.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites:

  1. The Nightingale - Kristin Hannah - loved this book so much!
  2. The Invention of Wings - Sue Monk Kidd - another incredibly wonderful novel
  3. Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver - so many of Kingsolver's title fit the bill, but this was a favorite that I need to reread
  4. Tom Lake - Ann Patchett - this was an easy one :)
  5. The Whalebone Theatre - Joanna Quinn - a sleeper but I loved it
  6. A River Runs Through It - Norman Maclean - one of my all-time favorite novellas, I cannot believe I've never written about it.
  7. The Big Sea - Langston Hughes - autobiography by Hughes and so good
  8. Birds, Beasts, and Relatives - Gerald Durrell - I just love the Durrell family and especially Gerald.
  9. Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens - another easy, peasy pick!
  10. The Rose Code - Kate Quinn - another all-time favorite

Thanks to Deb (aka Curly Geek) at The Book Stop for inspiring me to join in this week.



13 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday!

    Where the Crawdads Sing has been a popular pick this week.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning me, and glad you joined in! Tom Lake was very good. And so many of Barbara Kingsolver's books would fit this category (Flight Behavior is one of my favorites). I've only read the first Durrell book but would like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost went with Flight Behavior in the Kingsolver category! It is a remarkable book.

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I love the unique spin to this week's topic! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read THE NIGHTINGALE from your list, but I LOVED it. It's actually probably time for a re-read, now that I think about it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good titles on your list! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great list of books and Kristin Hannah is a writer I must try out and I have the Great Alone which I will read hopefully before the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Great Alone, although I do have it. I've read mixed reviews so I'm a bit hesitant but The Nightingale was incredible.

      Delete
  7. A River Runs Through It -- a modern classic! Quite haunting. You have a good list. I have a copy of The Big Sea - I want to get to. By the way, I just started Night Watch and I'm loving it already. Good storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear Night Watch is working for you. A River Runs Through It is a modern classic. Some of the prose is sheer poetry. I think the movie does it justice as well.

      Delete
  8. Oh I loved Prodigal Summer almost as much as The Poisonwood Bible. I must reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun one! I told myself that I would do Top 10 Tuesday once a month this year (haven't done it in many years), but I've just been so busy! Thanks for the reminder. Loved The Nightingale, Prodigal Summer, and Crawdads :) By the way, I wasn't able to comment on your blog in Firefox (which I normally use & just updated). I was able to comment in Safari, but not sign in. Just a heads up in case others aren't as persistent as me!

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read 6 of the 10, yet I think I would have had a hard time coming up with them in answer to the theme. I will try it some time, however.

    ReplyDelete