This is just such a one. I discovered it in early June and I've made it regularly all summer. Fresh, delicious, beautiful, and now mostly from my garden.
Toss together the following ingredients--the * items are from my garden.
- 1 jalapeno pepper* - diced super small
- 1/4 cup diced red onion*
- 1 handful of cilantro*, chopped
- 1 small tomato*, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper*
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (I soak 1 ear of corn in water, then grill it, then cut the kernals off)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Full disclosure--I adapted this recipe from the one I found here.
Looking in my blog archives, here's one of my own creation, what I call Summer Stew. I haven't made it yet this year because the eggplant is just starting to come on, but next week it should be "what's for dinner" one night.