Monday, February 15, 2010
Happy, Happy, Happy
Posted by JaneGS
The Happy 101 award was given to me by Lisa at Lit and Life. Lisa is a Midwesterner, a mother of three and lists her favorite things as books, cooking, movies, music, flea markets, football and family fun. I've really enjoyed getting to know Lisa in the blogosphere and appreciate her giving me this award, which asks that you list ten things that make you happy.
Here's my list:
1. My family--my husband and three teen-aged kids who put up with my puns, go to Shakespeare in the summer with me, and make me cups of tea when I'm feeling tired.
2. My mountains--I'm Colorado born and have never lived anywhere in which the Rockies don't provide a gorgeous, enigmatic western horizon.
3. My books--I love to read and feel rich in the worlds that I visit daily via the magic of language
4. My iphone--I have never loved a gadget before but this little device is awesome...I can read books with it, text my kids, look up words, find my way home, locate a great restaurant, check my email, play Suduko, call my mom...it's amazing!
5. My community--I live in a village that is criss-crossed with walking trails and it's alive with community spirit--with pancake breakfasts, summer concerts, parades year long, and a market "where everybody knows your name."
6. My job--I've worked for the same high-tech company for almost 30 years and I love what I do (PR), the people I work with, and the values/integrity of the company. Working is important to me--it gives me structure, sanity, and a paycheck, and for that I am thankful.
7. My projects--writing, blogging, recording, reading, quilting, gardening, traveling. I love being fully engaged in life.
8. My favorites--Austen makes me happy, so does Shakespeare, Mozart, Johnny Cash, Gaskell, Eliot, Keats, Beethoven, Verdi, Renoir, and the whole lovely rich panoply of artists who have enriched my life and world.
9. English breakfast tea with honey and milk, in bed, on Saturday morning with a good book and the promise of lunch with the family at a great new restaurant.
10. My six senses--I love to see the heron on my morning walk, hear the cooing of the doves who live near my office, smell the scent of fresh-baked bread when I come home, feel the cold wet nose of my chocolate labrador retriever, taste the hot vinegary goodness of our special homemade pickles, and anticipate the coming of spring.
I'm passing this one along to:
Dorothy at Of Books and Bicyles
Maria at FLY HIGH
CharleyBrown at Enchanted Serenity of Period Films