Thursday, September 01, 2016

Bring on Fall...With R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge


I'm so excited to finally have remembered to set aside time in September and October to participate in the 11th annual R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril (or RIP) challenge.

I have 4 books picked out, so I'll be shooting for the Peril the First level.


Visit the Stainless Steel Dropping blog for info on the other levels, including short stories and video and gaming categories.  It's all good fun and all four of my titles are ones I've learned about from reading blogs from participants in years past.

Here are my selections for this reading challenge:

Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury


The Brimstone Wedding, by Barbara Vine


The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs



I am doing a group read of Miss Peregrine's Home with Castle Macabre - and the reading schedule means I start this interesting looking book today!

Happy Autumn and happy reading...time for cider and apple pie!





7 comments:

  1. Those are perfect books for R.I.P. I especially love the Ray Bradbury. But Miss Peregrine's is good, too. I love this time of year. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the Ransom Riggs series The images are great, and the story is very entertaining. Enjoy! And your other authors are all fantastic too: great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choices! Something Wicked This Way Comes is a book I've read a few times, as I adore it. And I definitely enjoyed the other two I've read as well. But I've not heard of The Brimstone Wedding, so I shall have to go look it up. Hope you have a most wonderful RIP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I just finished a reread of Miss Peregrine and it was scarier than I remembered. And Bradbury and Jackson are always perfect at this time of year. :) Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your books - I think The Brimstone Wedding is one of the best of Barbara Vine’s books that I’ve read and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun challenge. I'd like to read the Shirley Jackson book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did The Haunting of Hill House a couple of years ago for this one and my goodness did it creep me out!

    ReplyDelete