Sunday, December 29, 2013

Back to the Classics Challenge 2013 - It's a Wrap!


I am happy to announce that I also completed the Back to the Classics Challenge 2013, hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much.

The Required Categories:

19th Century Classic:
20th Century Classic:
Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic:

Classic that relates to the African-American Experience: 

Classic Adventure: 

Classic that prominently features an Animal (in title or story): 



Optional Categories
  Re-read a Classic:
  • Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (annotated) - I never ended up blogging about there so no link.
A Russian Classic - didn't do this one!

Classic Non-Fiction- didn't do this one!

Classic Children's/Young Adult: 

Classic Short Stories:
My  favorites turned out to be A Tale of Two Cities and Of Mice and Men.

I'm planning on doing this challenge again in 2014 and it is being hosted by Karen of Books and Chocolate.  

4 comments:

  1. Well done!! I need to publish my wrap-up post too -- I finished all the categories except the Russian (I tried reading Crime and Punishment before Christmas, bad idea. What was I thinking?) And I'm so glad you're going to do the challenge in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the challenge! These are some great books that you read. I am sure, that like me, you are looking forward to reading more great books in 2014.

    Have a happy New Year Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love A Tale of Two Cities, my second experient with Dickens after reading Oliver Twist in 2013. I will read Dickens again in February 2014 with fellow Dickensian :D
    Dr. Jeckyl & Hyde also my favorite, and I will read Kidnapped in 2014.
    Congratulations for completing the challenge too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read such a great variety of classics!

    ReplyDelete