Monday, March 16, 2009

Does Rick Steves Hate Haworth?

I have been spending most of my free time reading travel guides in preparation for a two-week trip that my 16-year old daughter and I are taking to Ireland and the UK in June.

I love the Rick Steves's books, but I am shocked and appalled that he completely ignores Haworth in both his guides to England and Great Britain. I have been slavishly pouring over the GB guide, and there is nothing on Haworth. I looked at the index of the England guide on Amazon and searched on both Haworth and Bronte, and nothing. I'm having to resort to Frommers, which isn't bad but I like the Steves books better, for info on Haworth.

Anyone have any insight on this oddity? In terms of pilgrimages, I would think that Haworth would be competing with Chawton for second place after Stratford on Avon.

No comments:

Post a Comment