Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge


I was so excited to find out that the 2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge is on and now hosted by Amy at Passages to the Past.

I love historical fiction--easily my favorite genre and one that I have been reading all my life.  In fact, for the longest time I thought all novels were historical fiction.  I don't think I read a contemporary novel until I was in Junior High and was swept up in the Love Story craze.

Anyway, the rules are delightfully simple. The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31 and there are six different levels to choose from:
20th century Reader – 2 books
Victorian Reader – 5 books
Renaissance Reader – 10 books
Medieval – 15 books
Ancient History – 25 books
Prehistoric – 50+ books
In both 2014 and 2013, I made it to the Medieval level, and that's where I'm aiming again.  Given my TBR shelf, it should be a piece of cake...and a yummy one at that!

What I've read so far:


  1. When Christ and His Saints Slept, by Sharon Kay Penman
  2. Ross Poldark: A Novel of Cornwall, 1783-1787, by Winston Graham
  3. Demelza, by Winston Graham
  4. Life After Life, by Kate Atchison
  5. Jane Austen's First Love, by Syrie James
  6. Go Set a Watchman, by Harper Lee
  7. First Impressions, by Charlie Lovett
  8. My Brilliant Friend, by Elena Ferrante
  9. The Agony and the Ecstasy, by Irving Stone
  10. Roma, by Steven Saylor
  11. The Stone Diaries, by Carol Shields



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this. The Medieval level is very impressive.

    I of course like books set in the past. I do actually get a little uneasy when fiction centers on real historical characters. It is a little quirk of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading! lovely picture of a medieval lady!

    ReplyDelete