The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday and this week the meme is all about popular authors we've never read.
Being a lover of classics, there are loads of currently popular authors I've never read, but there are also some classic authors who have eluded me.
Here's but a fraction of the biggies whose work I haven't read yet.
- John Grisham - I actually think I would enjoy his books, but I just haven't gotten around to them.
- Joyce Carol Oates - I'm planning to read Blonde, her book about Marilyn Monroe, but I haven't read anything by Oates to date.
- Margaret Atwood - I have several of her books but haven't read any of them yet. Maybe The Handmaid's Tale should go on next year's TBR Challenge list.
- Sir Walter Scott - I keep on trying to get to Waverly and keep on failing, but it is on this year's shelf so I'm hopeful.
- Jodi Picoult - I have friends who read everything she writes, but so far nada.
- James Patterson - I don't know much about his work other than everybody but me reads it.
- Kurt Vonnegut - despite growing up in the 1970s and reading a lot of the books my four older brothers liked, I never read any Vonnegut although I had a copy of Cat's Cradle for years.
- John Green - my kids love this author, and I have been meaning to read The Fault in Our Stars for awhile now.
- Janet Evanovich - I like mysteries but they're not all I want to read, and I've settled on a couple of other favorite mystery writers.
- J.D. Salinger - yes, I have never read Catcher in the Rye. These days, it simply doesn't appeal to me.