Friday, April 19, 2019

Classics Club Spin #20


Update************
The spin # is 19 - huzzah! I started Song of the Lark this morning...set in my home state of Colorado.
***************
Since I'm closing in on finishing my list this year, I will commit to the Classics Club Spin #20--the spin # will be revealed on Monday, April 22, and the completion date is May 31.

I have six books left to read, so I have repeated them twice with two getting on the list three times.

Truthfully, I am hoping for #1, #7, #13, #19 as I really want to read Song of the Lark next, but these are all books I really want to read, so I cannot lose!


  1. Song of the Lark, Willa Cather
  2. Daniel Deronda, George Eliot
  3. The Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy
  4. Can You Forgive Her?, Anthony Trollope
  5. Roughing It, Mark Twain
  6. The Buccaneers, Edith Wharton
  7. Song of the Lark, Willa Cather
  8. Daniel Deronda, George Eliot
  9. The Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy
  10. Can You Forgive Her?, Anthony Trollope
  11. Roughing It, Mark Twain
  12. The Buccaneers, Edith Wharton
  13. Song of the Lark, Willa Cather
  14. Daniel Deronda, George Eliot
  15. The Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy
  16. Can You Forgive Her?, Anthony Trollope
  17. Roughing It, Mark Twain
  18. The Buccaneers, Edith Wharton
  19. Song of the Lark, Willa Cather
  20. Daniel Deronda, George Eliot

May the odds be ever in your favor.

15 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you get the Cather you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hope you get the book you most want to read next. When I'm in the mood for a book, I know sometimes that I need to move on it before the mood passes.
    When you've finished with your 50 Classics Club List, do you think you will list another 50?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure I will do another 50 list. It’s a good way to prioritize and organize and think through what to read next.

      Delete
  3. If you weren't in the mood for Willa Cather, I'd hope for Can You Forgive Her - it's one of my favorite Trollope novels (and one of his longest I think).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trollope is nearly always wonderful -- even though they're long, I don't usually want them to end. Can You Forgive Her? is great.

      Delete
    2. I realized too late though that I was actually thinking of He Knew He Was Right - which I much prefer to Can You Forgive Her.

      Delete
  4. Hope you get your wish. After this spin, I'm going to revise my list again because a lot of the books on my list are not accessible as things now stand in our house. I can't wait until we move so all my books will be accessible again (once they're unpacked and shelved, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will cross my fingers that you get The Song of the Lark then! And if you don't, just read it anyway. LOL.

    I can't wait to seen your new list of 50 more classics. What reader can resist a list of books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an impressive list of books. The danger of getting Trollope’s Can You Forgive Her? Is that you might get hooked into the entire Palliser series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah finally I've found a way to comment on your blog .... for some reason it wasn't working through Safari. In any case, my vote would be for Wharton or Eliot, but honestly any of those listed would be great reads. Have a great spin and congratulations on nearly finishing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finishing a list is a great accomplishment! I'm just beginning mine. I read "Can You Forgive Her?" for CC Spin #19 and loved it. But as Brian says, you then have 5 more to read. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have left yourself with 6 fabulous books to finish of your list, haven't you?

    Good luck & happy spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just 6 left to read!! I hope to get one of the ones you'd really like to read next. I read The Mayor of Casterbridge at school and enjoyed it then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how exciting to be down to your last 6! I've only ever read They Mayor of Casterbridge of the six, but by reputation they are all good choices. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane,
    Congratulations on spinning to a book you're wanting to read! I haven't read Song of the Lark, though I know of it. I'll be so keen to read your thoughts about this one.

    ReplyDelete