Monday, November 06, 2017

Mailbox Monday: Birthday!


Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

It's been a long time since I did a Mailbox Monday, but I received a wonderful book for my birthday yesterday that I just had to share.



The World of Laura Ingalls Wilder, by Marta McDowell, went to the top of my wish list as soon as I heard about it. It's a new book, published in September, and it will be a perfect addition to my LIW collection. 

Here's what Amazon had to say about it:
The universal appeal of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books springs from a life lived in partnership with the land, on farms she and her family settled across the Northeast and Midwest. In this revealing exploration of Wilder’s deep connection with the natural world, Marta McDowell follows the wagon trail of the beloved Little House series. You’ll learn details about Wilder’s life and inspirations, pinpoint the Ingalls and Wilder homestead claims on authentic archival maps, and learn to grow the plants and vegetables featured in the series. Excerpts from Wilder’s books, letters, and diaries bring to light her profound appreciation for the landscapes at the heart of her world. Featuring the beloved illustrations by Helen Sewell and Garth Williams, plus hundreds of historic and contemporary photographs, The World of Laura Ingalls Wilder is a treasure for anyone enchanted by Laura’s wild and beautiful life. 

Maps, inventories of flora and fauna of the prairies, illustrations, photos - what a treat I have in store this winter. I may just drop everything and read it next!

If you want to find out what others bloggers received last week, visit the Mailbox Monday site. Great source of new ideas for your reading lists.

8 comments:

  1. That does look like a wonderful book. And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And what a great present.

    Have you read or heard of the book Caroline: Little House, Revisited by Sarah Miller? (apologies if you already blogged it and I missed it). I have heard mixed things, but am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. You might like The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure (starred review from Publisher's Weekly). McClure, a life long fan of Little House On Prairie books and decided to try living the life mapped out in the novels which involves visiting where they grew up, staying in a log cabin for a night, churning her own butter. I have read some of the book and its good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved The Wilder Life! I have a blog post on it, I'm pretty sure. Made me want to hop in the car and do my own tour of Wilder home sites.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a great addition to the books. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mailbox graphic....so cute.

    ENJOY your book and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a wonderful book especially if you have a LIW collection. Glad you linked up at MM. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This LIW book sounds good to me. I look forward to your review of it.

    ReplyDelete